I obtained my Ph.D. degree from the Department of Computer Science
at University of Victoria
, BC, Canada in 2017, under the supervision of Prof. Kui Wu
My research focuses on machine learning
, with a specific focus on their applications in smart energy systems
and green computing/communications
. Recently, I am working on effective and efficient algorithms as well as data-driven solutions to
- non-intrusive load monitoring (NILM),
- intelligent home energy management system (HEMS), and
- green datacenter power management.
I am also interested in network science
, especially its applications in specific-purpose computer or communication networks, e.g.,
- content delivery network (CDN) and
- wireless sensor network (WSN).
© G. Tang, last updated: Aug. 1, 2017.