- For the Spring of 2012 I am the teaching assistant for SENG 410.
- During the Spring of 2011 I taught the tutorial sections for SENG 462.
- For the Summer of 2010 I taught the lab sections for SENG 321.
- During the Spring of 2010 I taught the tutorial sections for SENG 462.
- For the Summer 2009 semester I taught the tutorial sections, as
well as some classroom lectures, for SENG 265 .
- During the Spring 2009 semester
I taught the tutorial sections for SENG 462.
- Methods to simplify the querying of very large scale data sets from unrelated network repositories. This work has included extensions to query languages such as Apache Pig, as well as the use of modern cloud-based systems such as Hadoop, Eucalytus, and OpenStack.
- The use of standard mobile devices, such as the Nokia N-series, in roles they were not originally designed for. Of specific interest is the aquisition of accurate location information, without the use of GPS receivers, through other sensors available on such devices.
- By popular demand: The video of my Nokia N95 accelerometer controlled NXT vehicle.
- My recent work has included development for the Android OS, and I have created several Android apps.
Publications and Presentations:
Presented current work as part of the GEC 10 GENICloud/iGENI/GLab/Seattle Demonstration at the 10th GENI Engineering Conference (GEC10),
San Juan, Puerto Rico, March 2011. ( link )
A. Bavier, M. Yuen, J. Blaine, R. McGeer, A. Au Young, C. Matthews, C.
Pearson, Y. Coady. TRANSCLOUD: Design Considerations for a High-Performance Cloud Architecture Across Multiple Administrative Domains, accepted for publication
and presentation at the 1st International Conference on Cloud Computing and Services Science (CLOSER 2011),
May 2011. ( paper )
Pearson, M. McGuire, Y. Coady. The Application of Wi-Fi Radiolocation Research to Mobile Devices, accepted for publication
and presentation at the 2009 IEEE Pacific Rim Conference on Communications, Computers and Signal Processing (PACRIM09),
August 2009. ( paper )
- Presented Getting Mobile with Mobile
Devices: Using the Web to Improve Transit Accessibility
by D. Minifie and Y. Coady, at the International
Cross-Disciplinary Conference on Web Accessibility (W4A), Madrid, Spain,
April 2009. ( slides )
- Y. Yazir, C. Pearson,
A. Gasten, S. Lonergan, K Gunion, A. Estey, C. Gibbs, Y. Coady,
Customizable Collaborative Virtual Learning Environments: A Layered
Framework Approach, accepted for publication and presentation at the
International Conference on Technology, Communication, and Education
(i-TCE2008), Safat, Kuwait, in
Y. Yazir, K. Gunion,
C. Pearson, C. Gibbs, A. Estey, S. Lonergan, Y. Coady. Remote
Opportunities: A Rethinking and Retooling, published and presented
at The Sixth International Conference on Creating, Connecting and
Collaborating through Computing (C5
2008), January 2008 in Poitiers, France. (
paper | slides
Pearson, C. Gibbs, Y. Coady, Intuitive Source Code Visualization
Tools For Students: BRICS, presented at the Process in oo
Pedagogy - The Sixth 'Killer Examples' Workshop in conjunction with
the ACM SIGPLAN International Conference on Object-Oriented
Programming, Systems, Languages and Applications (OOPSLA 2007), October 2007 in Montréal, Québec, Canada.
paper | slides
presented ) |
With funding and support