Research Interests Research Projects
My research focuses on network science, which is "the study of network representations of physical, biological, and social phenomena leading to predictive models of these phenomena." Analyzing big data from a networked environment, my current work applies theories and techniques of network science, including graph theory, machine learning, statistical inference, and data mining, to solve real-world problems. My research contributions can be grouped into the following themes:
- theoretical foundation of computer networks: stochastic modeling, network tomography, network calculus, dependence modeling
- online social network analytics and e-business
- computational sustainability: green computing and computing for green to be more specific
- Quality of service (QoS) for cloud computing and content delivery networks (CDN)
- computer/IoT/smartphone security
I was a software engineer with over 5 year's experience of commercial software development. Whenever possible, I still write code in python, c, and java.